Dress Up & Casual Days
There are occasions when students are not required to wear the school uniform and the following guidelines will apply:
Girls’ tops must not be extremely tight or low cut in the front or back. If dresses have spaghetti straps or are strapless, a jacket, shawl, or sweater must be worn.
- Pants are to be worn at the waist, not low on the hips, so that underwear is not visible.
- For all clothing, no matter what posture is assumed, skin is not to be exposed in the abdomen or lower back.
- Printing which promotes occult, immoral, or violent themes is not permitted. Since HCA intends to encourage positive messages, anything deemed negative or inappropriate is not acceptable.
- Shirts/skirts/dresses worn with leggings or tight jeans must be a minimum of fingertip length when arms are at sides. Skirts/dresses worn without leggings must be within a handbreadth of the knee.
- Girls may wear dresses, skirts or dress pants that meet HCA standards listed above
- Boys are to wear dress pants, dress shirt and dress shoes.
Casual days, and similar occasions:
- Students may wear loose fitting, casual clothes that are attractive but modest.
- Shorts must be mid thigh.
- Jeans may be worn without rips or tears.
- Printing which promotes occult, immoral, or violent themes is not permitted. Since HCA intends to encourage positive messages, anything deemed negative or inappropriate is not acceptable and the student will be asked to change or cover up the improper message.