REGISTRATION STARTS FRIDAY MAY 7th — PUBLIC LAUNCH: WEDNESDAY MAY 12
IN 3 EASY STEPS!
Thank you for your support in raising funds to improve our school and to ensure that no family gets left behind during these difficult times. Your reach within your network and community can extend far beyond what you can imagine.
We need YOUR help to reach our goal of $100,000 that will go into building improvements, washroom expansion, classroom expansions (ie. portables, modular classrooms, etc.), furniture (desks, lockers, seating), playground and outdoor sports equipment and more!
register to fundraise by may 10
And you will be automatically entered for a draw!
Register here: www.halifaxchristian.ca/fundraise
- At the homepage, click on the “SIGN UP” button on the left hand column.
- From there, select Create New Account button, or “Log in with Facebook” if you wish to sign in with your Facebook account.
Select Your Registration Type
- Select your Registration Type. For most families, this will be the “Family” registration type (first option) to raise money under your family name.
- For individuals or families with students who wish to fundraise individually, please select the Individual option. This could be for siblings who wish to fundraise under their own names to see who could raise more.
- Fill in the information on the registration form, ensuring to use an email address that you check regularly.
Additional Information during registration
- On the Additional Information step of the registration, you will be setting a fundraising goal. We encourage you to set a goal that is both realistic and a challenge to meet so that you may experience God’s faithfulness when you do your part.
- We suggest a goal of at least $500. A goal of $1,500+ would also be feasible. Pray on it and see what God reveals to you.
- This donate to self function is not yet ready. Please skip this step during registration. You can donate to self once the fundraiser launches to the public on Wednesday, May 12.
- Show people you are serious about your fundraising by donating to yourself or asking family (like grandparents) to jumpstart your fundraiser with a donation.
- We would love it if you would check off all the options in the Permissions section.
- We will have some friendly competition between our cohorts. In order to calculate our totals, we will need to know which cohorts your students belong to to disperse the numbers accordingly.
Set up your fundraiser page
Congratulations! You’ve registered to participate in our fundraiser. Here are some tips and suggestions for setting up your page to help your donors learn more about HCA and sign up to pledge!
how to customize your page
- During your registration process, you will come across this “Customize Your Personal Fundraising Page”. Here, you will include a short blurb to tell your donors your personal story journey with HCA and why we are needing to fundraise.
- Here is an example message that you can use and replace with your personalized story:
This is our third year of calling Halifax Christian Academy our home, and we are so excited to see many new families want to join HCA in September 2021. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had many new students apply to HCA that we are running out of physical space at our Armdale campus! What an amazing “problem” to have, but one that we believe God has placed in our hands to watch His miraculous hands work in our school so that we can multiply our blessings to these new families.
Would you kindly consider donating to our Ephesians 3:20 – Immeasurably More Project? Your donation will help create space and resources to welcome our new friends safely during these uncertain times.
Adding content to your fundraising page
- You can also “Continue Registration” and return to make changes to your Fundraising page by clicking the “Fundraising”, then going to the “My Fundraising” tab below that on the left column at any time you are signed in.
- We encourage you to share photos of your family and your students in their school uniforms, in class, or at school events.
- A video of your child(ren) and/or family speaking from their hearts about why they love their school is a great way to involve them and have them take ownership of their school and this fundraiser. We’ve included a sample from last year in the next section.
Family/student sponsor video (optional, but recommended!)
A video of your children speaking from their hearts about why they love their school is a great way to involve them and have them take ownership of their school and this fundraiser. Allowing them to be involved will help build their own faith as they watch God multiply their involvement. They will see God’s faithful provision as they take their own step of obedience towards expanding His kingdom through the ministry of their school.
Below is an example of a sponsor us video from our fundraiser last year.
Start Fundraising – WED MAY 12
Our fundraising platform has built-in tools such as pre-formatted emails and online donations. We also encourage you to use social media and text messaging to reach your contacts.
Our tips and tutorials will appear here on Tuesday, May 11 once we have everyone registered and pages prepared! Stay tuned!