Reduce your Taxes and give HCA
Tech for Teaching
When the world shut down from the pandemic, it became remarkably clear that technology is essential to education today more than ever.
Halifax Christian Academy successfully pivoted to e-learning through HCA@Home and our teachers quickly learned to incorporate more digital resources in their teaching. This has been an amazing blessing to our students.
Now that we are (thankfully) back on campus, HCA wants to allow our teachers to continue to bless our students, and is thus asking for your financial support to help us reach our goal of replacing tired and obsolete equipment with updated systems and additional technology to support the staff and students of HCA.
All donors will receive a 2020 charitable tax receipt, and funds will be deployed to purchase laptops, smart TVs, chromebooks, routers, and additional tools to expand our teaching capabilities.
Recently HCA made a modest request to the provincial government for 35 chromebooks (~$10,000) from the $40+ million in federal funding. Unfortunately our request was denied. As a community, we hope to work together to bridge the gap and help ensure that our students and staff have equal opportunities in learning through today’s modern technological landscape.
Sponsor to equip a classroom
Help outfit our elementary classrooms with the technology needed for digital opportunities for learning.
- $500 Sponsor for a Smart TV with casting capabilities for displaying virtual field trips, presentations, videos, tutorials, etc.
- $1,000 Sponsor for up-to-date staff laptop to ensure teachers are better able to teach, incorporate streaming video content, and keep up with marking, planning, and research.
Sponsor chromebooks & laptops
Replacing old units to serve our growing numbers. Chromebooks are used in middle and high school courses for submitting schoolwork, learning research and typing skills, creating professional/college standard assignments, and additional skills needed to prepare for today’s workforce.
- $350 per Chromebook – 40 to 50 needed.
- $1000 per Staff Laptop
Laptops for teachers to ensure they are not hindered by slow or buggy systems in delivering, planning, and research of their teaching materials and assignments.
sponsor towards wifi infrastructure upgrades
Help improve and expand connectivity in both our campuses. Expanding our technology means expanding the infrastructure needed to support it.
- Improve both Campuses IT infrastructure to increase Wifi signal strength, security and speed. Improved infrastructure will allow teachers and student more stable connectivity for interactive media used in the classroom or producing online content.
sponsor towards new curriculum programs & lesson plans, $3,000 Goal
- For exciting new technology focused courses such as: coding, graphic design, and videography.
- Purchasing apps and tools needed for new technology based programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and digital cameras.
Your year-end donation will not only enable students and staff to learn on today’s essential tools, but you will also be lowering your own taxable income while amplifying HCA’s impact of discipleship infused education! All donations over $20 will receive a tax receipt, issued during tax season.
Our donation form lists suggested amounts for what is needed, but every donation of any size helps! Collectively, we can reach our goal.
From all of us at HCA, Thank you for supporting HCA with your year-end giving.
HCA is a registered non-profit organization (charity no. 107461170RR0001) and donors will receive a tax receipt for donations greater than $20 (issued during tax season via email).
To donate, please fill out the form below or send an eTransfer to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can give via the Paypal Giving Fund paypal.com/ca/fundraiser/charity/3438109